Starting January 6th, our glass recycling service, Ecoserv, will be picking up on the first Wednesday of the month. Please have your glass on the curb by 7AM.
WPCA November Agenda for Board of Directors Meeting
Thursday November 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM
2. Approval of minutes of October 8th Board Meeting
3. Treasurer’s Report – Review of strawman version of the Budget for 2021 and the spreadsheet based on the 2016 Reserve Study
4. Review the snowplow contract with McLean Landscapes
5. Review whose Board term is up this year and talk about possible Board candidates for next year
6. Committee Reports/Actions:
a. Capital Projects/Maintenance
Report on H Block Dock Repairs – John
Report on C Block lights - Van/Ken
Report on Rail Painting, Lakeside on B and C Blocks – John L.
b. Landscaping and trees
H, K and E Blocks – Alex
A, B and C Blocks – Sally
Report on proposal for Cluster tree work – Sally, Van
Discuss Growing Earth Tree Care’s bid of $8,517 (and the fact that we still need the Van Gogh Cherry tree worked on and the cedars on K Block parking lot side trimmed).
7. Other Business
Talk about the notice from Fairfax County on Recycling and ask Van to send out a notice about the County’s policies, especially reiterating that recycling does not go in plastic bags
Set up ZOOM Annual meeting date for January or February 2021
8. Next meeting/adjourn
Note: The Board meeting will be held via a Zoom conference. Anyone who wishes to participate should contact Fran Lovaas (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the logon particulars.
WPCA Board Meeting
August 13, 2020 at 7PM
2. Approval of Minutes from July
3. Treasurer’s Report - Van
4. Committee Reports/Actions
A. Capital Projects/Maintenance
H Block Dock Repairs – Ken
C Block lights - Van
C Block handicapped signs – Van, Ken
B. Landscaping – Alex, (Sally?)
Genesis walk through and decisions on lawns for A and K Blocks
Trimming of trees and bushes off of H Block Bulkhead
Cluster clean-up by Van Gogh Bridge – trees and shrubs
Cost for replacing yews in K Block parking lot
5. Other Business
Glass Recycling report – Fran
Boat Issues update – Ken
Request for Cluster mooring space (Charles Schoening, 1660 Chimney House Road) with Board vote
VA State Corp Commission requirements – annual report, registration fee due 9/30
6. Next Meeting and Adjourn
Note: The August Board meeting will be held via a Zoom conference. Anyone who wishes to participate should contact Fran Lovaas (email@example.com) for the logon particulars.
WPCA Board Meeting, Thursday, July 9 at 7 P.M.
Board Meeting July 9
The July Board meeting will be held on Thursday, July 9, at 7 P.M. via Zoom call.
Following is the agenda:
2. Approval of minutes of May 21 Board meeting
3. Treasurer's Report and 2020 Budget - Van
4. Committee Reports/Actions:
a. Capital Projects/Maintenance – Ken, Van, George
- H Block dock repairs – update (Ken)
- H Block bulkhead
- C block lights (Van)
- C block handicapped signs (Van)
- Power washing – docks and walls
- K Block lawn solutions (Alex)
- A Block – lawn solutions, microclover plantings (Sally, Alex)
- H Block bulkhead – cut down of saplings
c. Future Improvements (updates?) – George
5. Other business
a. - Glass recycling
b. - Boat issues (update)?
c. - Composition of Board/Board President
6. Next meeting/adjourn
6. Next meeting/adjourn