Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Saturday, August 8, 2020
WPCA Board Meeting
August 13, 2020 at 7PM
2. Approval of Minutes from July
3. Treasurer’s Report - Van
4. Committee Reports/Actions
A. Capital Projects/Maintenance
H Block Dock Repairs – Ken
C Block lights - Van
C Block handicapped signs – Van, Ken
B. Landscaping – Alex, (Sally?)
Genesis walk through and decisions on lawns for A and K Blocks
Trimming of trees and bushes off of H Block Bulkhead
Cluster clean-up by Van Gogh Bridge – trees and shrubs
Cost for replacing yews in K Block parking lot
5. Other Business
Glass Recycling report – Fran
Boat Issues update – Ken
Request for Cluster mooring space (Charles Schoening, 1660 Chimney House Road) with Board vote
VA State Corp Commission requirements – annual report, registration fee due 9/30
6. Next Meeting and Adjourn
Note: The August Board meeting will be held via a Zoom conference. Anyone who wishes to participate should contact Fran Lovaas (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the logon particulars.
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
WPCA Board Meeting, Thursday, July 9 at 7 P.M.
Board Meeting July 9
The July Board meeting will be held on Thursday, July 9, at 7 P.M. via Zoom call.
Following is the agenda:
2. Approval of minutes of May 21 Board meeting
3. Treasurer's Report and 2020 Budget - Van
4. Committee Reports/Actions:
a. Capital Projects/Maintenance – Ken, Van, George
- H Block dock repairs – update (Ken)
- H Block bulkhead
- C block lights (Van)
- C block handicapped signs (Van)
- Power washing – docks and walls
- K Block lawn solutions (Alex)
- A Block – lawn solutions, microclover plantings (Sally, Alex)
- H Block bulkhead – cut down of saplings
c. Future Improvements (updates?) – George
5. Other business
a. - Glass recycling
b. - Boat issues (update)?
c. - Composition of Board/Board President
6. Next meeting/adjourn
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
6. Next meeting/adjourn
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Reston Association sent the following letter to lakeside clusters. Further information on this work is provided at Upcoming Events under the Documents tab.
- The Lake Anne Dock & Dredge: project entails the 70% reconstruction of the dock in a like for like fashion as well as dredging of accumulated sediment beneath the long dock. This scope is based on recommendations from engineers as well as contractors to fulfill the primary objectives of the project which are to restore to a “like new” condition and extend the dock’s useful life an additional 15-20 years.
- Lake Anne Canal Bulkhead: Replacement of approximately 300 linear feet of wooden sheet pile bulkhead in a like for like fashion along the Green Trail directly behind North Shore Pool. The pathway directly above the bulkhead will be repaved and the stairwell leading to North Shore Pool will be replaced following construction.
- Lake Anne Canal Dredging: Removal of approximately 1,000 square yards of accumulated sediment from the canal bottom. This will be done via a hydraulic dredging barge. The sediment will be transported to inlet court where it will be loaded onto trucks and transported to a disposal site in Loudoun County.